Trip #19 Happy Anniversary!

Since we now have the annual passes, we decided to go to Disneyland for our wedding anniversary (7 years).  Little did we know that it was the first day of the Holiday Season!  Now we'd been hearing about how the attendance was down at Disneyland because of Galaxy's Edge opening.  At first you had to make an appointment just to get in and you were only allowed a 4 hour window to be in there in order for everyone to be able to see it in a day.  That was for maybe the first two weeks or so but then they dropped the 4 hour window.  When we went after D23 Expo it didn't seem all that crowded so we figured that people were still waiting for summer to be over.  It was much the same for our secret trip.

That certainly changed for the Holiday Season.  I don't think I'd ever seen it THAT crowded.  At night, just about an hour before the fireworks were scheduled to start, the line for Jolly Holiday was out of the arch that borders the seating area outside and out into the walkway!  It took me 45 minutes to wait in line to get a hot chocolate and some dessert.  After the fireworks we were at the hub by the castle and looking down Main Street the crowd was curb to curb solid all the way down.  I don't remember seeing so many people there in quite some time.

Friday (opening day) they had holiday specials.  A sippy cup that had a lanyard that you could wear around your neck and the shape was Mickey's silhouette in giant jingle bells.  J decided that he had to have one.  For an hour or two (I actually started looking for them before he actually decided that he wanted one - before we found out it was a sippy cup.  We thought it was a popcorn box...) I was looking everywhere we went and came up with zip.  We got to Galaxy's Edge sometime between 4-5pm and I saw somebody with one whose group had stopped.  I stopped to ask here where she got it and she said Jolly Holiday.  From there we made a beeline to go get one immediately.  It's a good thing too.  Remember the line I mentioned at Jolly Holiday?  By the time I got to the front of the line the cast members behind the counter were telling people that they were sold out.

On Saturday I decided that I wanted the popcorn bucket.  They had two different ones.  One was the alien from Toy Story with a plaid Santa hat on.  The other was a Christmas tree with Mickey Mouse.  Well, I wanted the tree because I was going to put it with our Disney Christmas stuff.  What I didn't find out until I bought it ($22 including popcorn but no annual passholder discount) was that it has a light on the inside.

We definitely did more walking around than riding rides because of the crowds on that trip. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to the 1955 Gazette!

Trip #17 D23 Expo 2019

Trip #20 - D23 Light Up the Season