Trip #16 - Birthday Trip Day Three

California Adventure!
Finally, our first day in the Parks!  Today we are wearing our cosplay Zootopia outfits and we are determined to go meet Nick and Judy as Nick and Judy.  We have also scheduled my birthday dinner at the Carthay Circle restaurant for tonight so we are taking extra clothes to change into for that.

I must apologize.  I started this some time ago and didn't finish it.  Now, I can't remember off the top of my head what we wore on what day, or how many days we stayed.  I will see if I can look it up in all my Disney stuff. 

I do remember this day however, now that it's started.  We did get to see Nick and Judy from Zootopia in California Adventure park.  Nick did a double take when he got a look at my husband.  And Judy was not really paying attention to the people in line.  (Not very observant for a police officer!)  But when her handler pointed her in my direction she headed toward me at a run!  I got the biggest hug and I thought she wasn't going to let go.  Eventually we got some great pics and were able to give Nick his sticker/badge.

It was quite warm and we do a lot of walking back and forth in CA.  I was ready to change clothes for dinner about an hour ahead of our reservation!  We made it about another 15 minutes but then called it quits.  We went to our locker to stow the water bottle and get our clothes out to change.  Luckily the dress I was wearing was easy to get into by myself!  We got our picture taken in front of the car at Oswald's then headed to the Carthay Circle Lounge for a drink.  We were 1/2 hour early for our reservation but the waiter was nice and we told him we just wanted to relax and have a drink for my birthday.  He took care of everything from there.  He took our picture for us and let us know when it was time to go upstairs for our dinner.  I ordered the sea bass and it was delicious!  Other than the wait-staff I think we were the best dressed people in the place.  When it was over I think we did a little shopping before we decided to change clothes.  (There is no way I can walk that place in heels for any amount of time.)  It was probably 1 or 2am before we left to go back to the room, but I remember that it was still too warm to wear my sweatshirt.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to the 1955 Gazette!

Trip #17 D23 Expo 2019